Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Share and Voice 7: Tips On How To Be Green



While browsing the internet, I found this great article called, "Being Green: 11 Environmentally Friendly Habits." The thing that really caught my eye about this article is the fact that they used the word "habits." Sometimes it drives me absolutely crazy when people say you have to "change" your ways to fit certain standards or lifestyles. In reality, it isn't that easy to just change something that you do with the snap of a finger. You need to make conscious effort to change something in your life by getting into a routine and making a habit of it. Another thing I really liked about this article is the fact that all 11 tips that they give are extremely easy to do. Two of my favorites are  1) buying environmentally friendly toilet paper (I had no idea how bad normal toilet paper was), and 2) using hand powered kitchen tools instead of electric ones such as electric knives and can openers. Seriously? How hard is it to use a hand held can opener? Check out the rest of the article!

No comments:

Post a Comment