For my photo essay, I chose to focus on unsafe living conditions in rental housing. The pictures I took are from a friend's house of mine whose landlord is very untimely with any problems they are having with their house.
These next two pictures are of the front door at their house. The doorknob is broken and the lock doesn't work so the aren't even able to lock their front door! They weren't even given a key to that door when they moved in!
This is picture of their bathroom sink. As you can see it has been clogged for quite some time. Pretty disgusting if you ask me.
Make sure you know your rights as a renter. Don't let your landlord take advantage of you or your roommates. UMD has a pretty helpful website for knowing your rights and regulations. Check it out here:https://vcassl.d.umn.edu/kirby/off-campus-housing/
This is nuts! I can't believe all of the hazards in that house. I'm going to look around my house now and look for some hazards I think.
ReplyDeleteThis seems so dangerous. I cant believe how irresponsible some landlords can be. Not only is it gross but it also seems like it could be a health hazard. Hopefully your friends can get this figured out soon.
ReplyDeleteThese pictures make me sick, it is terrible that someone would allow others to live like that. I really hope these people get this taken care of and are shown some respect.
ReplyDeleteThis is horrible! I hope your friends get this taken care of and I hope you get everything fixed with your landlord. Thanks for sharing the link; it's always good to be informed.
ReplyDeleteWow, when you shared this in class I was shocked. This was very interesting but I will make sure I never have him as a land lord!
ReplyDelete