Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 3: Weekly Update

My SMART goal: 
I will take public transportation to school three or more days of the week for the next ten weeks

Well, another week has flown by again. I had a really difficult time meeting my SMART goal again this week due to schedule conflicts. I left for the regional volleyball tournament last week Wednesday morning (I drove my car to school) and didn't get back until Sunday night. I was only in Duluth Monday and Tuesday before going home for Thanksgiving break. I did however take the bus to and from school those two days so that made me pretty happy :) 

I have been realizing how much more relaxing it is to take the bus to school. Yes, it sucks having to walk down the road to catch the bus, especially when it's cold out, but it sure beats wondering if I'm going to get a spot in the pay-lot at school (which has been very difficult this year). I've managed to accumulate a number of parking tickets over the last 4 years due to that darn pay-lot being full 24/7. Also, the bus that I take gets to school fifteen minutes before the hour which gives me plenty of time to get to class on time and even grab a coffee! I am somewhat of a procrastinator and when I drive myself to school, I always manage to never leave enough time to get to class early. Taking the bus has eliminated that problem! 

My schedule will be a lot less hectic now that volleyball is over and Thanksgiving break has come. I have high hopes of meeting my goal 100% from now until the end of the semester! 


Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 3 hosted by Amy@Amy in the Rain.

4 comments:

  1. I like your points about taking the bus being less stressful. I've never thought if it that way. Hopefully things will go better for you for the rest of the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad taking the bus lowers your stress! Hopefully you'll be able to take the bus more now that volleyball is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, it is a bit less stressful. I love not having to find parking, or walk a long ways into the school. Hopefully next week will be a little easier for you. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you are willing to accept the problems you have had in achieving your goal so far, but still want to meet your goal at 100% the remainder of the way. This goal is not out of reach by any means!!

    ReplyDelete