Friday, November 5, 2010

Reflection: Weeks 5-8

Over the past four weeks we have done such a great variety of things in class. From checking out and using new and interesting websites, to watching some very eye-opening films, there hasn't been a dull moment yet!



Some of the films we watched include "Future of Food" and "Tapped." I really enjoyed both of these films because they cover some very controversial topics that hit very close to home for a lot of people whether they know it or not. 


Two of my favorite websites we checked out during the last few weeks include Picnik and the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep Cosmetic Safety Base. I had never used Picnik before and absolutely loved it. I definitely have developed a new obsession for editing my photos, and how can you go wrong when it's free! I also really liked the Cosmetic Safety Base. Of course being female, I have a ridiculous amount of cosmetic products. It is really great to know that there is a place I can go to look up just how dangerous some of the products are to my health. 


I can't believe how fast the first half of the semester went! It's exciting that we changed up our groups a little and I am really excited to get to read some new blogs! Can't wait to see what the rest of the semester brings! :)

2 comments:

  1. This semester really has been flying by, and at the same time it is insane how much we have learned in our short time together in this class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really liked the picnik website. I had known of it for a long time before using it in this class and I am regretting that I had waited so long to find our about it.

    ReplyDelete