Friday, October 8, 2010

Share and Voice 1: Looking for an Environmentally Friendly Career?



This week after finishing reading the first part of my read 'n' seed book, I started wondering if you could look up specific environmentally friendly jobs. I found a very interesting website called EcoBusinessLinks. It is an environmental jobs directory and breaks up eco-friendly jobs into a variety of categories, and also has a search engine on their page that will look for jobs specifically through their website. I think this is really neat because it just goes to show how important being environmentally friendly has become. One of the greatest things I think this website brings to the table is the fact that it offers a specific volunteering and internship section. That way if you're not quite sure if an environmentally based job is right for you, at least you can try it out! :) I encourage everyone to check the page out and see if there's anything that interests you!

3 comments:

  1. Eco-friendly options have become so popular these days because people finally started to believe we needed to change the way we lived. So many of us take the Earths' resources for granted and because of this future generations may not have the lifestyles we have. This website looks like it would give great options for those who want to pursue futures in environmental health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awesome that there's options for people to have eco-friendly jobs. I thought it was also very cool that people have the opportunity to intern or volunteer to see if they like it before taking the job. Why not get paid and save the environment in the process! Very cool site and information, nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I checked out the webpage and it was really cool not only do they have info for green careers but they have info on vegan and vegetarian lifestyles. I thought this was really interesting because i am looking into making the switch to becoming a vegetarian. Good post!

    ReplyDelete