Share and Voice 3: Green Dating
In my Marriages and Families class, we are currently discussing relationships and dating. While we were discussing the concept of online meeting/dating, our teacher brought to our attention a couple of very interesting dating websites. One that caught my eye was GreenSingles.com. According to the website, some common interests of the members include:
- the earth, ecology, sustainable living & the environment
- natural living & alternative therapies
- vegetarian, organic & other healthy lifestyles
- nature & outdoor activities
- human rights & animal rights
- holistic & new age philosophies
- green politics & world events
- alternative education & local economies
I don't know quite where I stand on the whole online dating phenomenon but I just thought it was an interesting site, it's great for people who are using it for a good cause :)
I agree with you I dont know quite where I stand either. What happened to old fashioned Ill meet you for a movie kind of dating? But the concept seems very neat. Its seems like a nice place for people with a common interest , such a being green, to get together. Very interesting
ReplyDeleteBrenda, what a cool idea this is, that people can meet each other based on eco-friendly concepts. I'm with you in that I don't know quite where I stand on the whole internet dating scene, but I can see where it would be beneficial to some people who might be shy and not so out going to where they feel more comfortable talking to people online. Nice post.
ReplyDeleteThis site is very funny to me! I just do not know what they will come up with next. I guess at least these people who love being green will find someone with similar qualities. It would be very annoying to someone who is all about recyclying and being animal free to date a meat eater, who could care less about the environment.
ReplyDelete